[Updated/anunevagnei 1 August 2020]
Welcome to the Republic of Sovermia Online. Or as we say in Devra, one of our two national languages, Sugumnei don Sovermja!* We invite you to explore and get to know us better.
Founded in 1999 as a libertarian state, the Republic of Sovermia — Sovermjei Republika — has continued to evolve through a demarchic republic, a brief monarchy, and a return to a republic, and through it all has continued to celebrate proud micronational traditions of ksetrosta (governance), dongva (language) and kultura (culture).
7 August 2020, our Morgadina or National Day, will mark our 21st year as an independent and sovereign nation, as well as officially establish the Second Republic with ratification of our Constitution and election of a President.
We will again welcome visitors (after the Quarantine ends) and delight in your interest in our unique and beautiful country.
● Curious about micronations? Read a succinct overview, then follow some links to several well-established examples of model countries.
● Looking for a taste of Devra, our national language? Delight our citizens with a few words in Devra when you visit or correspond. You can also request a free PDF of this page, formatted for easy reading and printing, to be emailed or snail-mailed to you via our Contact page.
● Visit our current-year Calendar and get a feel for some of our Sovermian holidays, festivals and annual observances.
● Intrigued by the Sovermian conception of true citizenship and political identity? Interested in obtaining Sovermian citizenship? As a first step, review the current version of a draft of our Constitution. Then visit our Embassy page, which includes sample application questions.
● Have a question or a diplomatic concern? You can reach Dalva Inunka, Information Officer and Secretary to the President, via our Contact page. Please note that until Quarantine for Covid-19 is rescinded by the President of Sovermia, we regret that in-person visits to the Republic are prohibited.
● A cordial gurta! “thank you” to the citizens of the 44 nations who have visited the Republic of Sovermia Online as of July 2020:
Australia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Colombia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, France, Germany, Greece, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, and Venezuela. (Interesting that the flag counter below considers Puerto Rico a nation!)
*Pronounced soo-GOOM-nay (IPA /su-ˈgum-nej/) dohn soh-VEHR-myah (IPA /don so-ˈver-mja/).
[Sovermia Online established September 2018. Our greetings to all itnavidukas — our visitors.]